Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Birth of MM

Note: this is an import from my previous blog

Haven't popped into this blog in awhile, so MUCH has happened as detailed in other blogs.

I've had a thought.

I think I'm changing direction on this blog while it is early still. Since I also maintain two hobby blogs (well, they started out that way) and a private blog (where the really personal stuff goes) and a music career blog (sorely ignored as well), this is sitting here lonely, and I had a thought.

This Law of Attraction thing fascinates me.

I seem to believe that perhaps my destiny is to become—oh, please don't laugh, I say it with a grain of salt—a personal growth/positive thinking "guru".

For as long as I can recall, I've been absolutely CERTAIN that it's possible to be, do and have anything you desire. The more I've read lately, the more I've realized that these concepts are intrinsic—they aren't new. I've been spouting these philosophies forever, but stopped after getting too much negative feedback (in the forms of scoffing, snorting in disbelief, derisive laughter, head shaking, and so on). Over time, outside influences worked their magic on me and I, too, forgot how to focus on the desired outcome and fell into the trap of believing that "reality" is what it is, that this is just the way it is, and that we must resign ourselves to our fate because we have no control over it.

The further back into my past that I look, the more I see that before the world got ahold of me, I was a lot better off. It's kind of sucky that I have to read books and study how to relearn something I once knew how to do very well!

But I remember when I was small, several things:

The day I first heard about the Ohio Lottery's existence. That would have been sometime in 1973, when I was ten. There was a report on TV or radio or I read it in the paper. Just buy a ticket for a mere fifty cents, and you could win a million dollars! I remember distinctly hearing the voice in my head say "Aha, there it IS! THAT is how I'll become rich! I'm going to win the lottery one day—when I'm old enough to buy a ticket." I knew that one day, I'd be a multimillion-dollar lottery jackpot winner. I said as much to my parents. They snickered. I was told that it was very unlikely that I'd ever win, because "nobody ever really wins the lottery, that's just a story". Well, that didn't make sense to me. If they have a game, with a winner, then somebody has to eventually win, right? So... if all you have to do is buy a ticket, don't I have as good a chance as anyone else? Hmm.

I'm still waiting, faithfully playing the same numbers. Here's the funny thing. I've won a couple bucks here and there. Rarely did my numbers come up. Until recently. Since last fall, at least one of my numbers has appeared in nearly every single draw! Once I got the gold Megaball! A few times two of them have appeared! I take the increasing frequency as a sign that it's on its way now. It's speeding up. I just have to hold the course.

Another thing from when I was small was this vision I kept having. I can see "me". This version of me is far better off, thinner, happier, and just plain better than the current version. I can describe her environment, what she wears, how she behaves, the house... the feeling of being that person. It feels great. I want to be her. I've seen this since I was small. I've gotten the sense that she is very well off, pretty much writes her own ticket and has a flexible schedule, and that she does something unconventional for a career. I thought perhaps it was the offshoot of being the famous rock star I wanted to be, but... I don't get the sense that she's a rock star. I had the sense that she was a teacher of some sort, someone people turned to for advice. Metaphysical, philosophical, new agey advice. Judging by the multilevel Mediterranean style open-architecture home with floor-to-ceiling windows (lots of light), fresh air, and East Indian/Native American motifs in the decor, I'd say definitely she's a spiritual adviser. I get the sense that she writes, speaks, interacts, and teaches. Imparts wisdom.

Guru.

Of a sort.

Now that I'm studying the LOA and Prosperity Gospels and the works of Joe Vitale, Bob Proctor, Anthony Robbins, Joel Osteen and reading books such as Quantum Success, The Secret, The Artists' Way, and so on, and I'm delving deeper into my spirituality... I'm on a profound journey right now and it is life-changing. Even the horsemanship comes into play. I think... maybe this is my purpose. I talk with myself, write, come up with all sorts of theories from somewhere, and then I'll be lead to an article or website or TV show and there it is. Black and white. Absolute confirmation that my theories are on track. It's bizarre.

This morning, I started writing in a journal. It was just a nudge to open the notebook and write. What came out sounds like the beginning of a book. Though it sounds a bit pompous even to me and I doubt anyone is really reading this blog, I think I can safely divulge that I think I'm writing a book right now. I think it's started. We'll see.




Since I was unable to import the comments (not that I had many over at WordPress just yet), here is the one comment to the original post:


No, someone IS reading this particular blog, and I am impressed! You DO write really well! You ARE inspiring! I am on a very similar path, discovering that I want to teach people about the LOA. I already do, in a way, as a personal trainer, Spinning instructor and Master Instructor for Spinning (trainer's trainer). In my own little niche I inspire them to believe they can have, do or be anything they want, but usually from a fitness perspective. I even have two classes I teach at fitness conferences called Moving Mountains and the Secret Ride. But I, like you, want to reach more people, to help them learn and grow and apply the LOA.

I can't tell you how I came across your blog, I just did. It's pretty amazing. I am just starting my own blog, focusing on the LOA in all areas of one's life. And some of what I've written, including in some articles that I haven't yet put on my blog yet (to be edited) is so much like what you've written! It's uncanny. Especially your blog about your family experience. My family baggage has held me down for so long, and I have recently opened up the suitcases, not to evaluate the contents so much, but to find out what my blocks are, so I can take responsibility and move forward! The other similarity is that I am putting together my own Mission Statement which reflects your quite a bit! I am currently enrolled in a 6-month training program with John Assaraf (from The Secret) called the Having It All Challenge. It is this Challenge that has inspired me to do all of the above.

You have a gift. Keep on writing! And people will be attracted to what you write!

Jennifer Sage
http://reachyourpeak.wordpress.com

No comments: