Wednesday, May 13, 2009

More on Assumptions

I’ll say this: getting it straight in my head is quite the journey.

I’ve been thinking for weeks now how I need to “figure out how to hang on to stuff and get through this until I’m back on my feet again” meaning, how to cover the mortgage; how to cover/barter for board; how to triage the bills...

UNTIL I get back on my feet.

Note the word UNTIL.

What does it say to you? Until. As in, a while from now. Sometime down the road.

Focusing on the GAP between “now” (not on my feet) and “then” (back on my feet).

WHICH LEAVES ME FIRMLY WALLOWING IN THE DAMNED GAP.

I shouldn’t be focusing on how to ride out the gap UNTIL I’m back on my feet—I should have my focus on BEING back on my feet. PAST the gap.

I tell ya. It’s innocuous, this subconscious thing.

Good thing I'm becoming more aware of my thoughts and WHAT they are saying.

1 comment:

Greenthumb said...

Very enjoyable read and despite being on the opposite side of the atlantic i relate big time to your writings.

I constantly muse over the events of this world, and through the right perception even the most absurd paradoxes will come to make perfect sense.

Normally i dont post on such blogs but considering the lack of comments i thought it would be nice to leave some moral support. I wouldnt distinguish so much between rich and poor, both scenarios can lay the path for the righteous individual whilst both can also pave the way to negative polarity.

I'll leave it at that before i fall into a rambling mess, you do an excellent job of articulating your thoughts!