Monday, March 3, 2008

Waiting Faster



I can relate to this comic—can you?

There is a timespace between Point A (setting the intention) and Point B (manifestation of the outcome). It is a limbo land where nothing appears to be different or happening. Sometimes things even appear to be getting worse or moving in the opposite direction.

Deepak Chopra calls it the Law of Uncertainty. Others refer to this as the Allowing Phase.

I call it the In-Between Time.

And it sucks.

Sometimes it passes without much notice. Sometimes it goes by quick—almost immediately.

Then there are the times when it seems to be dragging on forever, and ever, and ever.

Or the times when, like I mentioned earlier, things seem to be going the wrong way.

It can even get scary.

Ask me how I know.

Someday, when this is all over with, I'll tell you.

Because I'm in the In-Between Time right now on a couple of major issues. They involve properties, inheritances, and estate matters. Eventually they will all resolve. When they do, there will be a very nice impact on my finances. I've been very patient.

But dudes, I really gotta wait faster. Because the waiting has had the opposite effect on my finances, and other things in that direction weren't moving so well, either. And frankly, it's been moving toward a very scary place.

Last weekend, I had some of the most GINORMOUS epiphanies about money, about the limiting beliefs and counter intentions surrounding these issues, and it didn't stop there. I tell ya, it has been an extremely profound few weeks for me. The insights I've gained could fill a book.

Actually, they probably will, not too far in the future.

But I digress.

Possibly the most profound insight I've had relates to FEAR versus FAITH. I've experienced so much fear along with my hyperactive limiting beliefs that I've almost had panic attacks. Until a couple of days ago, when I realized that FEAR is a signal to me that I feel I'm lacking something important—and there is a solution.

So simple, in fact, that I don't know why I didn't realize it before. I've heard it from a gazillion sources, Christian, LOA, Zen, you name it—but it never sank in.

All you gotta do is ASK.

First of all, FEAR and FAITH cannot co-exist within the same moment. You have to choose to experience one or the other. That helped some.

Next, you've probably heard things like "Let go and Let God", or you've been told to "send all your needs up to God" or similar. "Ask, and it shall be given; seek, and ye shall find." Then there is that line about believing it to be already there. Well, it suddenly makes sense.

ASK.

What brought this home in a big way was an exercise in which I listed every limiting belief I had about the outcome of the issues. I won't bore you with the details, but money was just the surface issue. The core issue was:

I am deathly afraid that once this last obstacle standing in the way of my dreams is lifted, I'll find out I don't really HAVE a dream to follow. Then where will I be?


Heavy, right?

Well, what do you do about that? I wondered.

A little voice in my head cleared its throat and said, "Well... you could always ask for a new one."

OH.

I thought about that for a bit, and I realized:
  • If I'm afraid of not having a dream, ask for the courage to accept it; then, ask for a new one, even better and more attainable than any previous dead dreams.
  • If I'm afraid my old house won't sell, ask for a new owner to come along.
  • If I'm afraid I don't have the guts to try something, ask for the courage.
  • If I'm afraid I'll fail, ask for assistance in achieving success.
Whatever it is that you lack that causes you to experience fear, ASK for the opposite.

Then, of course, express gratitude for receiving it, and believe it is there. See yourself as the person you would be IF you had that.

This is helping me "wait faster" and get through the In-Between Time (which, by the way, feels like it's just about over).

Sometime over the weekend, I realized that:
  1. I have nothing to fear because I can ask for what I lack and trust the Universe (God, Tao, Deity of Choice) to provide it
  2. As Deepak says, if you're experiencing the uncertainty it is a sure sign you are getting closer to its manifestation
  3. What I see in front of me today is the shadow of what I attracted in the past; but it doesn't represent what my more recent thoughts are manifesting. So I need to look past what's in front of me to what's ahead.
  4. It very well MIGHT look "worse" before it looks better, but that's where I'll just have to stay in faith and peace even more deeply
I made a definite, profound shift in consciousness this weekend. Not just this, but also related to money. But I'll save that epiphany for another day. Odd that I'm feeling such peace about life in a situation where many people would be feeling the exact opposite. (No sign of the men in the white coats so far... LOL!)

If you feel moved to send out a little positive energy towards the quick and profitable sale of the properties involved and imminent resolution of the related matters, I'd certainly be moved to gratitude and ask that you be blessed as well.

2 comments:

Hooman Golparvar said...

Good day, Thank you for writing such a great article, it helps me a lot, it's been 2 years that i have lodged for immigration application and there were so many people who got the visa within 10 month or within 30 month but me and my wife recently had the feeling of uncertainity, and your comments about how depak syas it's a sign of manifestation had a great impact on me. I am from iran and yesterday we were at a demonstrations against dictator regime, we were not sure if we come back home safe or not, but we both had this uncertainity and worriness about if we will get the visa, but now i feel much more confident... thank you

JB at MM said...

Hooman, I couldn't respond personally because your Blogger profile isn't available yet, but I wanted to say thank you for commenting and reading, and I'm glad my words helped.

Please be safe, and I'm certain your visas will come through now!